Privacy and Security Statement
We are committed to respecting your personal privacy.
All personal information is protected by the ten principles of the CSA approved Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information and other relevant legislation where applicable. This means that, at the point of collection, you will be informed that your personal information is being collected, the purpose for which it is being collected and that you have a right of access to the information and/or the right to deny the release of the information:
1. Accountability: CAC is responsible for information under its control and shall designate an individual who is accountable for our compliance with the principles of this privacy statement.
2. Identifying Purposes: The purpose of collecting information shall be identified to the consumer by CAC at or before the time information is collected.
3. Consent: The knowledge and consent of the consumer are required for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information.
4. Limiting Collection: The collection of personal information shall be limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by CAC. Information shall be collected by a fair and lawful means.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention: Personal information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the consumer or as required by law. Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
6. Accuracy: Personal information shall be as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
7. Safeguards: Personal information shall be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information; methods of protection will include physical measures, organizational measures and technological measures.
8. Openness: CAC shall make readily available to consumers specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of the personal information it collects.
9. Customer Access: Upon request, a consumer shall be informed of the existence, use, and disclosure of their personal information and shall be given access to that information. A consumer shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information held by CAC and have it amended as appropriate.
10. Challenging Compliance: If you feel that CAC is not abiding by this posted privacy and security statement, contact our office:
by email to info(at)consumer.ca
by phone at 604.418.8359
CAC may use information for the purposes of statistical reporting. When information is collected for statistical reporting, it will not identify the individual or any information specific to an individual.
All those acting on behalf of CAC must comply with this privacy statement.
Notice & Takedown Policy
If you have found material which you consider illegally held or published on our website, please contact us with the following information:
- Your contact details.
- The full details of the material.
- The website address where you found the material.
- A statement that, under penalty of perjury, you are the rights owner or are authorized to act for the rights owner.
The ‘Notice and Takedown’ procedure is then invoked as follows:
- Write to Reply will acknowledge receipt of your complaint by email or letter and will make an initial assessment of the validity and plausibility of the complaint.
- If plausible, the material will be immediately removed from the Write to Reply website pending further investigation.
- Write to Reply will endeavor to contact the individual responsible for the publication of the material. The individual will be notified that the material is subject to a complaint, under what allegations, and will be encouraged to assuage the complaints concerned.
- Write to Reply aims to resolve any issue swiftly and amicably with the complainant and to the satisfaction of both parties, with the following possible outcomes:
- The material is replaced on the Write to Reply website unchanged.
- The material is replaced on the Write to Reply website with changes.
- The material is permanently removed from the Write to Reply website.
- If Write to Reply and the complainant are unable to agree a solution, the material will remain unavailable through Write to Reply until a time when a resolution has been reached.